Saturday, January 30, 2010

Deception

Why does hiding my life from my parents come so easily now?
I am disgustingly cold toward them, appreciate nothing they give me, hold them at arm's distance constantly, and do not reciprocate their love.

Why?
Has it just become habit after years of simply not telling them what I actually do?
Do I fear that opening myself up to anybody will hurt both of us?
Do I judge them because I see too much of myself in them?
Do I simply think they don't understand me and never will?
Do I hate them because I don't know who better to hate?
Do I hate them?
Do I set my expectations of them too high?
Do I blame them for my own faults?
Am I incapable of empathy?
Am I incapable of love?


1 comment:

  1. noon feels the same way
    noon theorizes that, for her, it is because of the huge differentiation of accustomed life styles. noon is too "white-washed", per se. noon assumes her parents do not understand--which is false, because they do--but noon does not talk about her problems so nothing really happens
    disappointing

    ReplyDelete